Poster for an upcoming Hafla.
No, I didn’t just spend two minutes trying to use my Wacom tablet upside down and wondering why it wasn’t working.
doctorbargain said: I really love how expressive the characters faces are in your artwork. I'm excited to see what you do next!
Thank you very much! I should have some new work up soon. :)
He was upset that I was paying more attention to my sketchbook than to him.
Drew some raptors. Some mythological birds and crows might have snuck in as well.
Some sketches based on this scene from the 3rd Doctor serial, The Mutants. Kai after his metamorphosis + bonus 8th Doctor.
I was going to upload this on Valentine’s Day, because the Eighth Doctor can’t seem to stop hugging Daleks. Well, better late than never.
039 The Ice Warriors by Brian Hayles
Illustrated by vikingswithrayguns
Season 5, Story 3:
In Earth’s future, the planet is in the midst of a new ice age. On a science base among the snow, a team is using an ioniser device to stop an advancing glacier. The ice, however, is home to a much greater threat.
Terrifying, frozen Martians awake from their icey slumber and begin an invasion of Earth. Mars has died and Earth will be the new world of the Ice Warriors!
STORY FACTS ~
- Parts of this story are MISSING.
- It features the Second Doctor and companions Jamie McCrimmon and Victoria Waterfield.
- This story introduces the Ice Warriors, the first Martians in Doctor Who.
- Similar to the Silurians and the Trickster in the Sarah Jane Adventures, the Ice Warrior’s name is first given to them by someone else and in subsequent stories they take it on as their own name. “Ice Warrior” is initially just a description of what they are by Victoria, but really they should be called Martians.
- A real bear was filmed for this story, rather than using stock footage.
- The story was inspired by many contemporary scientific theories and discoveries, especially those concerning a potential new ice age and the properties and history of Mars.
- The Doctor again wears his fur coat from the pervious story.
- This is the first time that the crew have to exit the TARDIS while it is lying on its side.
Sometimes, I finish a piece of art.